[box color=blue type=note size=full]Please note that this guide is only meant for Samsung Galaxy S (i9000). This ROM might not work with Captivate/Vibrant/Fascinate/Epic 4G or any other Galaxy S variant.[/box]
[box color=red type=alert size=full]The method described here are risky and can permanently damage your device and void manufacturer’s warranty. Please use this guide at your own risk and we will not be responsible for any damages.[/box]
Now that you have noted the applicability of this guide and gone through the disclaimer, let’s get rolling. We assume that you are already running 2.3.2 on your Galaxy S. In case you are not you can follow the guide to install Gingerbread on Galaxy S. The procedure mentioned in the link will install ROM XWJV1 gingerbread based ROM on your Galaxy S.
Following are the steps to install UltiBread 1.4 on your Galaxy S.
Let’s first download all the downloads that we will be needing
- Download Ultibread v1.4 ROM (Download link at the end of the post)
- Download Odin3 v1.7 (Download link at the end of the post)
- Download the Speedmod kernel (Download link at the end of the post)
Now is the time to get into the real deal:
- Transfer the ROM to your phone’s SD Card . In order for easy access ensure that the file Ultibread-v1.4.zipis on your phone’s SD Card’s root folder.
- Ensure that your device is disconnected-
- Turn of your phone.
- Start your Galaxy S in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power.
- Now, extract the file — Odin-1.7with.pit.512.803.zip file in some folder. We will not need the other two files except Odin.
- Now plug-in your USB cable and connect your Galaxy S to PC. You should get the “Added! !” notification in the message box in Odin.
- Make sure to uncheck the Auto Reboot button and Re-Partition button.
- Keep the F.Reset Time button checked.
- Click the PDA tab and speedmod-kernel-k13c-500hz.tar. The kernel is basically meant for Froyo only but we need it flash the ROM as zip file .
- Click Start now to flash the SpeedMod kernel.
- Once the flashing is done, REMOVE the battery and disconnect the phone from PC.
- Enter your phone in Recovery Mode be pressing Volume Up + Home + Power. You’ll get the green colored recovery mode.
- Select “install zip from sd card”. On next screen, select “choose zip from sd card” and select ultibread-v1.4.zip.
- After the flashing is complete go back and select “reboot system now” to restart your phone.
- Now you have Ultibread 1.4 running on your Galaxy S.
- Your phone is already rooted.
[button type=download color=orange]UltiBread 1.4[/button]
[button type=download color=red]Odin 3 1.7[/button]
[button type=download color=green]SpeedMod Kernel[/button]