A very quick look at installing the XXJW4 based ROM on your Galaxy S (i9000). The ROM comes loaded with TouchWiz 4. Before we start remember flashing your phone could lead to irrerpairable damage. We will not be responsible for anything that goes wrong with you phone. You should only flash your phone at your own risk.
Now that we have gotten the disclaimer out of the way let’s get down to business.
Backup your phone using this guide Titanium Backup: Best way to backup your android apps and data
1. Make sure to uninstall Kies from your laptop.
2. Download the relevant drivers for your Windows machine. (This tutorial is dependent on you flashing the phone using a windows machine)
3. Install the drivers on your machine before we get started.
4. Extract the file JW4_JW4_JW4.tar (Leave the other file alone. We won’t be needing it)
6. Make sure your phone is not connected tot eh PC.
7. Turn it off and boot it up in download mode by pressing Vol Downn + Home + Power botton combo
8. Once in download mode connect your phone to PC.
9. Open Odin and you will see that the phone is added. Click the PDA button and add JW4_JW4_JW4.tar.
10. Make sure your Odin screen looks like the one below.
11. You are good to go. Click the start button and the phone should get flashed to XXJW4 with TouchWiz 4.0
12. The first boot after flashing usually take a little longer so be patient. If your phone runs into loop you might have to flash dbdata.tar using Odin.
13. Download dbdata.tar
Enjoy the new ROM with Face unlock, TouchWiz 4 and a bunch of other goodies !